Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Happy Holidays from Lucketts, Virginia


Happy Holidays from Lucketts, Virginia!

My friend Tracy and I went out for a day full of Christmas inspiration in Lucketts, Virginia. These are my favorite "snap shops" of our trip.  Antiques are big out here on the East coast and Lucketts is one of my favorite places to hit for ideas, fabulous finds and inspiration.  I love the restored furniture retailers here in this part of the country.  The pieces end up with a beautiful patina.  After a coat of chalk paint and a dyed or clear wax have been hand rubbed into the piece, they are transformed into something really amazing.  I am just finishing restoring a china cabinet that will be my "wrapping room," or rather "wrapping station."  It's not exactly an ENTIRE ROOM dedicated to the art gift giving but a place to keep my papers, ribbons, scissors, tape and gifts. I'll be sharing that project with you soon!  For now, I hope you get some great ideas for some of your upcoming projects and holiday decorating from our trip to Lucketts and enjoy a taste of my "neck of the woods!"

Wreaths hung by ribbon


Silver and Green table setting





Wrap wreaths and garlands up in burlap

Add lights and hanging snowflakes



Burlap stockings with lace edging

Fresh boxwood wreaths hung by ribbons





Fresh boughs woven in chandeliers

Candle and Sled Centerpieces
Love these burlap chairs!


Beautiful centerpiece!
Love the wreaths hung on the backs of chairs!
 
 



Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Caked Designs