Saturday, December 28, 2013

Macadamia Nut and White Chocolate Cookies

Macadamia Nut and White Chocolate Cookies

This is a variation on my mother’s “Mrs. Fields’ Fakes” recipe that I suited to use all the macadamia nuts my in-law’s would send us from their visits to Hawaii. These are one of my favorite cookies.  I've always loved the look of jumbo cookies, so I like to make them large but you can make them small just as well.  Just use a shorter baking time for smaller cookies.  I'll be making LOTS of these cookies for a cookie exchange party next week! 
1 lb. butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons vanilla
6 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 pkg. white chocolate chips
1 ¼ cup macadamia nuts chopped
1 cup flaked coconut

In an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars together.  Add beaten eggs and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.  Put dough hook on mixer.  Sift dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture, mix until combined.  Add white chocolate chips, nuts and coconut and mix until combined.  For jumbo cookies use a ¼ cup size measuring cup or large ice cream scoop to place dough on cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake.  Cookies will not look done until completely cooled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Caked Designs