Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lemon Souffle Pancakes with Blueberry Maple Syrup


Lemon Souffle Pancakes
with Blueberry Maple Syrup
This favorite pancake recipe is from my friend Carrie Spencer.  I've been making them for years now.  They have a more sophisticated flavor than your average kid friendly pancake.  Which makes them a perfect choice for a Mother's Day Breakfast or Brunch.  I made one change to Carrie's recipe... I omitted the melted butter in the batter.  I found, through trial and error, that oil and or melted butter in pancakes makes them flatter instead of fluffier!  I Love the flavor of the lemon and blueberries together, it makes me feel like Spring is in the air! 

2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 eggs, separated
1 ½ cups buttermilk
2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup maple syrup
1 cup blueberries, preferably fresh

Mix flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Whisk together egg yolks, buttermilk, lemon peel  and lemon juice.  Whip egg whites until they hold stiff, moist peaks. Pour buttermilk mixture into flour mixture, stir to blend.  Gently fold in egg whites. Pour batter in ¼ cup portions over greased, medium hot griddle. Cook until golden brown on each side.  In saucepan on medium heat, combine 2 tablespoon butter, maple syrup, and blueberries. Heat for about 3 minutes. Serve blueberry syrup over pancakes and add a dollop of sweetened whipped cream if desired.


1 comment:

  1. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. سيروب مونين

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Caked Designs