Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins

Mini Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
I had a little mini banana bread muffin at a friend's house recently.  I loved how she had added mini chocolate chips to her batter. The recipe she used wasn't her favorite, as she had lost her favorite one.  But I loved the idea and really hadn't made banana muffins in a long time.  So, I got out my old favorite recipe for banana muffins that a friend had given me years ago while we were living in Finland, added some mini chocolate chips and a pinch of oatmeal on top. And voila!  I love these even more with the chocolate chips!  The mini muffins are a perfect kid size muffin too.  These make a yummy after school snack...well more like treat!        

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
3 over ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Line muffin tin with paper liners.  In electric mixer, cream sugar, butter and bananas.  Add eggs.  In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda.  Add to banana mixture. Blend in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.  Fill muffin cups. Top unbaked muffins with a pinch of oatmeal.  Bake at 300 degrees for 40 minutes.  Bake mini muffins for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Caked Designs