Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Quick and Creamy Chicken Soft Tacos


Quick and Creamy Chicken Soft Tacos


I love how I can just throw all the ingredients together in just a few minutes and have a healthy and delicious meal that I know the kids love!  We love topping these tacos off with our favorite hot sauce,  Cholula sauce, imported from Mexico.  (You can find it in most grocery stores, it's the one with the wooden bottle cap.)   It's got great flavor and it's not too hot for the kids.   I'd like to dedicate this recipe to my friend Michelle Miller who shared this simple dinner idea with me years ago and it's been a favorite ever since.  We lost Michelle to cancer last week.  She was a beautiful person, a mathematician, a wife and mother of four young children.  She will be greatly missed.  I always think of her when I make these tacos.  Thanks Michelle, for sharing a bit of yourself, with all of us.

1 small cooked rotisserie chicken, meat torn from bone and shredded
2 cups or 16 ounces favorite salsa  
1 cup sour cream
6 inch corn or flour tortillas, browned over flames on gas stove

In medium sauté pan or heavy pot, over low heat pour salsa, sour cream and chicken.  Stir mixture and heat thoroughly. Warm or brown tortillas and fill with chicken mixture. Top with avocado, tomato, olives, shredded lettuce, grated cheese, sour cream and Cholula sauce and fresh chopped cilantro, sliced limes and tortilla chips.









4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your friend. Glad you could share these yummy tacos. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about Michelle's passing. What a kind way for you to honor her here on your wonderful site. Kristyn and I are rediscovering your blog this week and thoroughly enjoying it. Thank you for sharing your great recipes, insights and enthusiasm for creating a loving and nourishing home. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina, thinking of you too. You are so kind! I am so glad you and Kristyn are enjoying my blog! That makes me happy!

      Delete

Blog Design by Caked Designs